Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lucky in Life

I'm not very good at this whole continuous blog updating thing.  Tyler and I have been staying busy.  I have determined that I can no longer make plans during the week unless it is a study date.  Studying for the bar exam is extremely overwhelming and I constantly feel like I am not doing enough and am behind where I should be.    To help avoid burning out, I have been trying to mix up my studying places.  I have tried studying at home, at the lake, and have been to many coffee shops this week (this could be an expensive summer!).  Besides studying for some tests, Tyler has been enjoying an oral surgery rotation and his regular clinic days.  He has been spending a lot of his free time fishing - on the Mississippi river, Cedar lake, Mille Lacs.  I have had birthday dinners, law school friends dinner club and lunch dates, early morning training runs, and I attended my first St. Paul Saint's game.

Anyways, I wanted to try something different with this post.  I feel so incredibly blessed with my life.  I have the most amazing family and in-laws, I have been able to obtain an excellent education, I have the best friends, and most importantly, I have the BEST husband ever.  So - for the few blog followers we actually have - I wanted to take the time to tell you more about Tyler and why he is so great :)


In no particular order -

1. He can get along with anyone
2. He is active - we are running Grandma's half marathon this weekend!
3. He is outdoorsy - fishing right now ;) He also has a growing passion for hunting and camping
4. He loves to travel - we backpacked Europe for 3 weeks in college and are planning a road trip from San Fran to Seattle for this August (more on this later)
5. He is adventurous and continuously wants to try new things - we plan to go stand up paddle boarding this summer
6. He loves to grill - and I love to eat ;)
7. He takes care of all the man chores - I will never have to shovel snow or mow the lawn
8. He is a good communicator and a good listener
9. He is goal oriented
10. He is very talented and is passionate about his hobbies - demonstrated by his new found love of photography
11. He is smart and has a passion for learning - besides being in grad school, he reads Wikipedia daily
12. He is an amazing friend, son, and brother
13. He teaches me new things - how to ski, how to mountain bike, etc.
14. He is extremely patient - which is sometimes needed when married to me ;)
15. He doesn't sweat the small stuff - It is rare to ever see Tyler upset about something
16. He puts family first
17. He loves my family
18. He makes me dinner - and we LOVE to find new recipes and cook together
19. He does the little things for me - like bringing me water when I'm studying, making me coffee in the morning, the list goes on and on ("Tyler, can you do me a favor?" )
20. He gives me daily affirmations of how much he loves me and appreciates me
21. He is proud of me
22. He is extremely supportive of my career
23. He sees me as his equal
24. He does not care about material things - he wants to live a very simple life
25. We want the same things out of life
26. He is going to be a great dad someday - super hands-on and a big kid :)
27. He is going to be an amazing dentist
28. We make each other laugh everyday - we have random dance offs, we have fun!
29. He respects my opinions
30. He is my best friend

On our honeymoon cruise


No comments:

Post a Comment