Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spearfishing 2011


Returned home from Cass lake in the early afternoon. My dental school buddy Mikkel invited me up to spearfish with him and his high school friends. Mikkel was right when he said it would be a "true adventure." To make a long story short, something decidedly valuable was dropped down the 4 by 3 foot hole we were fishing out of on Saturday and the owner of the object proceeded to dive into the 35 degree-ish water attempting to reclaim it. Unfortunately, the attempts were unsuccessful but we have a few new stories to tell out of the whole ordeal. I made a short video...




I thought the fishing was great, maybe because it was my first time spearfishing. I speared two
 little pike and Mikkel got one also. I have a few photos of the fish below.




The weather was perfect, above 30 degrees.


Overall, the weekend was fantastic. Meeting new people and making new friends is always such a gratifying experience as is trying something you've never done.

Also, Kristin (and Gabbi) has been studying her butt off all week so good
 luck to her on her upcoming finals this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment