Thursday, February 23, 2012

Busy Busy


We have definitely neglected our blog!  So this will be a longer post including everything we have been up to in the past month.  The baby of my (Kristin) family, Danielle, turned 21!!! Yay! We are all excited for her,but I'm sure Brandon and Aaron are a little sad they lost their sober cab.  To celebrate, our whole family went to Danielle's first track meet at Carleton and then out to City Club.   Below are some pictures Tyler took of Danielle pole vaulting.


Last year Danielle was the athlete of the year for St. Ben's and she was the athlete of the week, the first week of the season. Tyler and I were looking forward to being big fans this year and even have Blazer track shirts to sport at all of her meets. But, sad news: Danielle will be out this whole year.  At practice last week she landed wrong and tore her ACL and medial meniscus, strained her MCL and LCL, and has a bone contusion :(  Luckily the pain hasn't been too bad but she is super bummed about missing the season and has a long recovery in front of her.  It seems like we have not been lucky with knees lately - Tyler's two brothers both had surgery for torn ACLs in November!


It is wedding season!  Stacy and Chris will be getting married on April 21st and we are all super excited!  Stacy has had two of her five wedding showers so far (crazy, right!?). The first shower was put on by the Solheid aunts (bottom right pic) and was a lot of fun.  Great food and games!  The first picture below is of Stacy with our mom, our grandma, and her future in-laws, Chris's mom and Chris's grandma.  


We didn't have much time to relax after the shower because we had plans with my family to go out to Crave for dinner and to see the Lion King at the Orpheum.  Crave was a lot of fun.  Stacy and I even talked our family into trying sushi for the first time!  Everyone loved the Lion King, even from the cheaper seats ;)


To wrap up this busy weekend, Tyler and I attended a Super Bowl party at Target Field with his dental school friends.  I think I was too preoccupied with all the free food and drinks to watch the game!  I decided to cheer for the Giants the night before the game so I was happy they won.


The following weekend was my final law prom (sad) and Tyler's dental formal.  I convinced Tyler to skip his dance since this was my last year and we could go to his last one next year.  Bummer that these have been on the same night every year!  Below is a picture with my group of wonderful girl friends from law school.  I have so much fun with these ladies and my law school experience definitely would not be the same without them!


On valentine's day, my grandma Busch celebrated her 80th birthday!!! My mom and dad hosted a surprise party for her to celebrate.  I'm trying to talk my grandma into living until she breaks the MN record (110, I believe), but she says she is ready to go after they take her house and car away from her :)  She really is one of the funniest people I know.  The picture on the left is of my grandma with her five children, Randy, Cheryl, Ron (dad), Sandy, and Brenda.  


Since Tyler and I love to cook together, we decided to pick out new recipes and spend our valentine's day cooking and drinking wine.  We made baked potatoes with garlic and butter in the cracks and THE BEST baked shrimp scampi that we have ever tasted!  It was a mix of butter, garlic, and lemon heaven!  Tyler surprised me with roses :) and another wonderful handmade card. I am a very very lucky lady!


Last weekend, I went up to St. Cloud with my mom's side of the family to watch my cousin Derek play hockey.  Derek is playing hockey for Alaska Anchorage and had an assist in the game on Saturday night!  Anchorage won on Friday night, which I believe was their first time beating St. Cloud in a regular season game, so congrats to them!  Below is a picture of Derek on defense (#4) and his fans going wild after a goal.


We were a little bummed because we were all going to go to Danielle's track meet on Saturday, but since Danielle is out with her knee injury nobody was able to see her compete :(  We had fun at the hotel with the men playing a lot of cards and the aunts, grandma, and girl cousins playing farkle.  


While I was in St. Cloud, Tyler was on his last (yeah!) fishing trip of this winter.  I have been trying to make him feel guilty for leaving me so much.  However, this has been hard to do since my dad told Tyler that he went on 12 trips in the first year he was married to my mom (don't think this is accurate).  Anywho, Tyler went to Lake of the Woods with his high school friend, Dustin, his college buddy, Andy, and both of their dads.  


They witnessed the northern lights (top left pic above) on Saturday night.  Tyler said is was amazing but was bummed he didn't have his nice camera along to capture it.  


I am thankful that Tyler did not catch a walleye big enough to mount :)  Dustin was close though - 27 3/4!



Below is more of my talented husband's photography work.  I can't believe the weather this winter!  My parents gave us snow shoes for Christmas so Tyler and I have been hoping for some snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment