Monday, April 2, 2012

Colorado Skiing-Spring Break

Once again we have neglected our blog! With Tyler uploading and editing the pictures and me doing the writing, it takes both of us to keep this blog up. We have been very busy the past month!  So what's new? I continue to stay busy with my final semester of law school work. It is very bitter sweet. I am excited to be done but will miss my student life and friendships that I have made. I have also started to work part-time for the remainder of the semester so what little free time I had is gone! Tyler continues to enjoy dental school now that it is more time in the clinic and less time in the classroom.  

I didn't have anything planned for my final spring break EVER until Tyler and his dad decided they wanted to take a last minute trip to Colorado to go skiing.  When they decided to drive instead of fly, I was in!  We drove the 16 hours there and back for two days of wonderful skiing.  Surprisingly the drive wasn't too bad.  Tyler likes driving so he was at the wheel for most of it.


Pictures from the drive 



First night at Copper 

We lucked out that my father-in-law's landlord has a condo by Copper Mountain.  We stayed there and skied Copper one day and Vail the next.  The weather was great. Too great...no fresh snow!  It was a little icy in the mornings but the sun softened the snow up by the early afternoon.



Speaking of sun, somehow we forgot that you can get burnt even though you are wearing winter jackets!  We had tan lines and peeling faces to show for it.

Doug is in the red, Tyler in the green, and me in the white.





These pictures were taken at the top peak of Copper Mountain.  Such an amazing view! We spent a lot of time skiing down this bowl.  Tyler and Doug went straight for the side with cliffs while I stuck to a safer route (still a double black diamond though ;)





Vail had a lot of green. Not only the trees but also patches of grass showing!  We spent the afternoon going  through the tree runs in the Blue Sky Basin.  



You could tell we haven't been skiing enough this year because our legs were burning by the end of the second day! We decided to stop skiing a little early and get some drinks on a patio at the bottom of the hill.  Overall it was an amazing trip! Thanks to Doug for arranging everything!


St. Patty's day did not disappoint! Tyler and I spent the morning studying and then met up with some law school friends downtown Minneapolis for some afternoon drinking. We chose to forgo the crowds of St. Paul this year and were thankful for the decision after hearing stories.  Afterwards, we made our way to Toby Keith's to meet up with college friends and see the Johnny Holm Band perform.
Always a good time :) 

Jenny, me, and Beth in our green.

And finally, to the wedding details!  My sister, Stacy, is getting married this month! Yay! We had her last few showers and her bachelorette party.  We had drinks and appetizers, went to a dance class, dinner at Solera, and then more drinks at the hotel.  I can't wait for the wedding! 


Picture of me with the bride to be :) 



We are loving this spring weather!  Tyler was anxious to get the grill going (lucky me).  We have also been enjoying bike rides and runs by the lakes. I hope this weather keeps up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment