Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Happy 25th Birthday Tyler!

 Posing under his sign

We had a birthday filled weekend!  Today (Monday) is Tyler's actual birthday, but Tyler had to study for finals so we just celebrated with his choice of takeout ;)  Tyler was super excited this morning because he bought a bird feeder weeks ago and today the finches finally found it! 

 Goldfinches 

We have never really done anything big for Tyler's birthday.  He never seemed too interested when I tried to plan things.  Well this year he informed me, "You have never done anything big for my birthday."  Lucky for me, I already had a surprise birthday party planned for Saturday night ;)  I dropped Tyler off at Stacy's house to help make their wedding slide show and came home to set up.  

There were two close calls where I almost gave it away - 1) begging for Tyler to let me drop him off when he insisted on driving himself and 2) telling Tyler he couldn't pick his dad up from the airport because I REALLY wanted to watch a movie - but since I am always a little weird, Tyler wasn't able to pick up on anything!  Stacy and Chris offered to give Tyler a ride home while 35 of his closest friends were hiding in the kitchen.  Tyler was very overwhelmed (in a good way), excited to have all his friends in one place, and gave me the title of "best wife ever!"  He had no idea about the party and was completely surprised!

 Me and the birthday boy :) 

I was so excited that so many people could make it - high school friends, college friends, dental school friends, some law school friends, and family!  We also lucked out with the weather and were able to break out the bean bag boards for the first time this year.  

 Lovely party-goers 

I also need to thank our friends that drove far to make the party and all of our friends that helped out with the food, decorations, setting up, and coordinating the surprise!  I couldn't have pulled this off without you!  I am also thankful that Tyler never questioned my suspicious behaviors (e.g. stepping outside to take phone calls, scrubbing every inch of the house, etc.) because I am not capable of lying and would have given it away!

 More of our favorite people 

The Sunday morning clean up was quick because we had plenty of helpers that had slept over!  We all went to breakfast at Good Day Cafe and then Tyler and I had another birthday filled day with his family.  We went to our first Twin's game of the year with Tyler's mom, Renee, and brother, Chris.  They didn't win, but still a fun game to be at!  I love my Twins no matter what their record is!

Afterward, Tyler wanted to go out for seafood so we met up with his dad, Doug, and Suzanne and went to Stella's Fish Cafe in uptown.  I tried two new foods thanks to my husband's pushing (I just started eating seafood a few years ago).  My dad would be so proud!  I tried an oyster and a scallop.  Not too bad! Tyler and I both had the lobster roll for dinner and it was delicious!  

Above: Tyler with his oyster; Below: Suzanne, Doug, Tyler, Renee

We ended the night with a DQ cake from Renee.  If anyone wants a piece come on over because Tyler and I definitely don't need to eat all of it (but will)!  Overall, Tyler's 25th birthday was a huge success!  I just don't know how I am going to top this in the future years :) 

On another note: We are officially in Stacy and Chris's wedding week!!! Yay! We are so excited to celebrate the marriage of such an amazing couple!  Pictures to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment