Thursday, August 22, 2013

Weekend stop in MN


I flew from CA to MN to spend a long weekend with family and friends and it was SO worth it.  My friend Erin was kind enough to pick me up from the airport.  We met Jenny and Amelia at Masu for sushi and wine.  It is crazy how much I missed these girls after a month and a half.  I am used to seeing them on a weekly basis.  We weren't done hanging out after dinner so we headed to Bar Louie in uptown for more drinks and apps.    

 Law school besties

My parents and their friends were camping this weekend down by Zumbro river.  Stacy took off work on Friday so she could go down early and spend the day with me :)  Stacy picked me up from the cities Thursday night.  Friday morning we ran and got groceries, made a salad, dip, and bars and then met up with my brother and headed down to the campsite.  It was a great day! We learned how to play a yard game called Kubb - very fun - and took a couple trips down the river.

 Tubing down the river

Friday night we had a great dinner and then enjoyed a campfire with the big group.  Saturday morning I took my sister's car and went to New Prague to get ready for Joe and Cassie's wedding.  


 One of my college roomies and bffs 

Kacie and her bf Andrew met at my parents' house and we went to the wedding together.  Since my parents were still out of town camping, a few friends crashed at their place.


 The stunning bride and groom.

I am so happy that I was able to make it to Joe and Cassie's wedding.  Tyler was very sad to not be here.  Joe is a very good high school friend of mine.  We both went to college at the U of M where we met Cassie - she lived next door to me in the dorms and Joe was down the hall.  Cassie and I decided to be roommates for our sophomore year of college and her and Joe started dating the summer before sophomore year.  Cassie also went to high school with Tyler and introduced Tyler and I right after we moved into our apartment together sophomore year (Tyler had just transferred to the U of M).  And the rest is history....


 Showing off his cowboy boots

Joe and Cassie put so much work into their wedding.  The wedding reception was held at Joe's mom's farm and was filled with beautiful DIY decorations.  It was such a wonderful night.  It was also really fun to see ALL of my high school friends, many college friends, and many Delano friends! 


 So lucky to have the best high school friends ever - even 8 years later!


 Sara - love this girl and so happy to be able to catch up with you Sunday morning ;) 


 Amber


 College friends - Becca and Kacie


 Having a heart-to-heart at the end of the night


 And of course, being the good wife that I am, I snap chatted Tyler so he didn't miss out on all the fun.

Sunday morning I got to catch up with more friends and then was reunited with my little sister, Danielle.  Danielle's bf Aaron plays DRS baseball and his team made it to state again this year.  They had a game on Sunday so I was able to see him play this year.  Afterwards, my parents hosted a birthday dinner to celebrate my brother-in-law, Chris (turned 30 in July), my brother's gf, Jennifer (turned 26 in June), and since I was home, my bday (I will be 27 in Sept.).  As always, my parents outdid themselves with an amazing meal.  


My siblings - Stacy, Brandon, me, and Danielle 

I went back to Minneapolis with Danielle on Sunday night to see her new place.  Danielle recently moved to Como after starting PT school at the U of M.  She is off to a great start!  Monday I went downtown and met some friends for lunch and then spent the night with Danielle showing her around the U of M.  Danielle took my to the airport early Tuesday morning for my flight home to NC.  

I had such a great time in CA and in MN with family and friends.  So great to see everyone that I was able to see!  BUT, after sleeping in 8 different places in a week and a half and being away from Tyler for over a week, I was ready to get home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment