Monday, March 31, 2014

Fall 2013 Tidbits

We loved our first fall in NC!  It hit the 70s for a few days each month through December.  When we weren't away traveling, entertaining visitors or being beach bums, we explored our new "home" more.

Lots of live music in Historic Downtown when the weather is nice

Our fellow military friends 

Riverfest

We love to browse the stores at the Cotton Exchange


We celebrated our first veteran's day being active duty


Tyler attended his first military ball


While I went out for drinks with friends instead 

I received my NC license and was officially sworn in (and my sister was here for it ;) 


I made my first pumpkin pie and a thanksgiving feast for Tyler and I

Tyler was on duty on Thanksgiving so I cooked all day.  I made his favorite - pork and dumplings, sauerkraut, brussel sprouts and sauce, and pumpkin pie.

We picked out our Christmas tree and decorated our house for the holidays.  Definitely felt a lot different when there was no snow on the ground!


We went to the holiday lights show at Airlie Gardens with friends




We had lots of game nights

We made a habit of cooking more at home and trying new recipes 

Christmas parade 

We stay very busy but also have a lot more down time out here which we are loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment