Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Home for Christmas

Going home for Christmas was a top priority and we made sure to plan ahead so we could see as many people as possible in our 9 days home.  We flew in late Friday night and the fun started immediately.  Tyler and I headed straight from the airport to a party in Minneapolis for my friend, Mike.  It was great to see most of my high school friends.  The next morning, I met some of my law school friends for brunch in uptown.

LOVE this girl 

and this one ;) 

Tyler had lunch with his dad and then I met back up with them and we headed to Mankato to watch Michael's basketball game.  Lots of Tyler's extended family was able to join!

Cousins from CA (sorry so blurry)

After the game we stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Olsen side of the family.  We do not see them enough so it was great to catch up.

Some of the wonderful fam

Then we made the drive all the way down to Worthington to celebrate Christmas with the Yahnke extended family.

Tyler and his cousin, Ashley



Playing bingo




Can't get enough of this little guy



So much cuteness



Sunday night we drove back to the cities and met up with some of Tyler's high school and college friends.  Monday morning we had breakfast with Tyler's mom and brother, then I went and met some high school girlfriends for lunch and coffee.  Monday night we went to New Prague so I could spend a girl's night with my mom and sisters.


I ordered most of my gifts online so Tuesday morning (Christmas Eve) was spent wrapping and relaxing.


That night, we had dinner at my Grandma Busch's house and went to the 9pm Christmas Eve mass.  My dad sings in the church adult choir and they are amazing.  One of my favorites of the holidays.

Christmas day - We started the day with coffee at my aunt Tami's house, then over to my uncle's house to celebrate Christmas with the Solheid side, and back to the Busch side for dinner.

<3 

Solheid cousins and significant others 






Horrible attempt at a picture with my dad 

Thursday we spent the day celebrating Christmas with the Yahnke immediate family.  Lots of games, fun and laughter.






And prizes for those games of course 




Friday - we met our friend, Kacie, for lunch and then made it to my cousin's hockey game in St. Paul.  Casey's team had an amazing year (3rd at state) so I was so happy that we got the chance to see him play.  Friday night we made our way back to New Prague and stopped by Scott and Amber's house (my high school friends) to spend more time with them.  Then we celebrated our final Christmas (yes, another one) with my immediate family.  

My parents' cooking is better than any restaurant 

So many presents....too many!

My parents gave Tyler a new tripod so he set it up and took some great couples/family shots.

D and Aaron

B and Jennifer

My parents 


Stacy and Chris + baby bump ;) 


Saturday was our last full day in MN.  It was bittersweet.  Sad to be leaving our family and friends but ready to be done living out of suitcases and running all over.  Tyler spent the day ice fishing with his brother, my dad, and some dental school friends.  I headed up to the cities to meet my friend, Alicia, for bridesmaid dress shopping.  We made it to three places and said yes to the dresses at the last one. 

I can't wait to be a part of this big day!

After I met some law school friends for another coffee date before making my way back to my mom and dad's house for dinner.  Then there was packing and goodbyes with my siblings before I joined some friends to celebrate a birthday.  Sunday morning - early flight home. 










No comments:

Post a Comment