Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Colorado Girls' Trip

At the beginning of June 2016, I went on a much deserved solo girls' trip to Colorado to visit one of my best friends from college with two other college friends.  I was so back and forth on going because flight prices were crazy and I had trouble lining up care for Meredith as our nanny was out of town at the same time as the original weekend we were trying to shoot for.  I had not spent a night away from Meredith yet and I was a little nervous to do so but it was AWESOME.  Of course I missed her but I loved having time off from mommy duty.  Living away from all of our family and support system makes it hard to plan more time for ourselves but I am so glad I prioritized it and Tyler pushed me to go.

Facetiming my sweet girl - unfortunately she had a melt down after we hung up so I only got to facetime her one other time during the trip.
I flew in first, then Alicia met me at the airport and we hung out there until Sara arrived.  We had lunch downtown Denver, then headed to Red Rock, then to the baseball game, then dinner and drinks until we went back to the airport to pick up Emily.



The next day we went into the mountains and went tubing down the river.  It was gorgeous, relaxing, and the perfect day to catch up with all my long distance friends.




That night we went out to dinner and went out in downtown Colorado Springs.




I love these girls so much <3


More Mer time.

Alicia found a great hike for us to go on the next day.




We also made it to Garden of the Gods.



We had the best time together.  I can't wait for our next trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment