Monday, September 10, 2012

26!

Tyler and I had a really busy weekend ahead of us so we had a relaxing Thursday movie night.  Safe House and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close are both very good movies!  Friday was Cassie's birthday (my college friend), Saturday was the first Gopher game and a night out for everyone to meet Sara's boyfriend, Jasper, and Sunday was not only my birthday, but also  Jenny's (my law school friend) and her twin sister, Jamie's.  (all of us turned 26)


Setting the movie mood 

To kick off the birthday weekend, Jenny planned a dinner for a few of us girls at Bradstreet Crafthouse.  The restaurant is known for fun mixed drinks so we all tried something new and I also tried their truffle mac and cheese with lobster. SO good!


Top picture: Kinz, me, Jenny
Bottom pic: birthday girls

After dinner, I left to meet up with some college friends to celebrate Cassie's birthday at Park Tavern for some bowling!  Tyler stayed home because he was fighting off a cold :(  I bowled three games very badly but had a lot of fun still!

College friends reunited: Karrah, Kacie, Cassie, me, Becca

Kacie also snapped a few photos with her phone and emailed them to me...

 Kacie and I with the birthday girl :) 


Kacie and I (after realizing we have no recent good pictures together)

 Saturday morning started early with tailgating for the Gopher game! Kacie met at our house with bagels, coffee, and mimosas :)  The TCF stadium was built in time for our last year of college and I haven't been to a game in the past three years (must have been busy studying) so I was really excited to get back to campus!


 Top left: school spirit; top right: Sara, me, Cassie and Kacie
Bottom left: Sara and I; bottom right: Jasper, Joe and Tyler 

After tailgating we headed into the game.  The Gophers played really well and won 44-7.  The weather was amazing but a lot hotter than what I prepared for.  Tyler's face got a little burnt and was very red the rest of the day and night :( 



Maroon and gold!

 Tyler and I at the game :) 


Goldy doing his 44 push-ups for Gopher's 44 points!

When the game ended, we met up with more friends at Sally's for a drink.  We had a few hours to relax before getting ready and heading out to Toby Keith's for another fun night out.

Top left: Sara and I; top right: Sara and Jasper (aren't they cute?!)
Bottom left: My favorite person; bottom right: the four of us



The whole group :)

At midnight - my birthday - Sara surprised me with a treat, a deep-fried twinkie, Jasper somehow managed to find bubbles from a bachelorette party group, and Tyler bought me a shot.  What a great way to kick off being 26 :) 

More pictures from Kacie's phone....



Sunday morning, Tyler surprised me with these gorgeous flowers...



a very sweet card and tickets to Cirque Du Soleil next week.  I decided I wanted a relaxing day since the weekend was sooo busy.  We went to Good Day Cafe for breakfast (my favorite!) and then made cheese dip and watched the Vikings win their first game. Yay!  We ended up meeting up with some friends to watch the Packer game at a bar (Aaron Rodgers is my fantasy football QB). The rest of the night we relaxed, checked up on our fantasy football teams, and ordered my FAVORITE wings from Green Mill. 

What a great way to kick off being 26!  I have so much to look forward to this year - starting my first job, potential trips to visit friends in Colorado and Tampa, Tyler's dental school graduation, my sister's and Tyler's bro's college graduations, celebrating a lot more weddings, potentially buying our first house...etc...etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment