Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Staying Busy

I'm still enjoying my time off before starting work but am in serious need of my first few paychecks!  Tyler and I have been staying busy with weddings, catching up with friends, and Tyler's clinic.  Tyler also just signed up to take his part II national boards in early November so his studying is just beginning.  

Last Monday, Tyler and I went to our friends' house to meet their new puppy and grill out.  Megan and Ryan live about 20 minutes away and I have not been to their house in over a year! (BAD friend!)  Luna is a black lab and was born on the 4th of July.  She is full of energy and Tyler and I couldn't get enough of her :)  I cannot wait until we can get a puppy of our own, but until then I will have to get my fill with Luna.

I stole this picture from Megan

Tuesday, I headed to New Prague to finally clean out my old bedroom so my mom can redo the room.  I think I had 2 large bags full of garbage, 3 bags for the epilepsy drive, 2 bins to store, and 3 bags/bins of stuff I brought home with me.  I have such a hard time getting rid of things but am in serious need of downsizing as much as possible.  I plan to spend a few days going through everything at our house before starting work and am hoping for similar success :)   What else have we been up to?  My friend, Sara, stopped by and spent the day with me on Wed. after doing a long training run for her upcoming marathon.  Tyler was busy getting ready to start bow hunting and we watched football and packed for the weekend.  Friday was Tyler's last day at the Native American Clinic off of Franklin so I went and met him for lunch to see where he had been working and to eat at the Franklin Street Bakery that Tyler had come to love.  I had the most AMAZING cookie so we will for sure be going back there in the future!

When Tyler got home on Friday, we headed straight to New Prague for the town's annual Czech festival, Dozinky Days.  On Friday night, the entire main street is blocked off and is full of people.  You can also bring your own alcohol with you so we didn't have to fight the crowds in the bars.  We started out at my friend, Kayla's house where all of my high school friends met before walking downtown.  Such a fun night!  Unfortunately, I barely took any pictures of the night so I only have pictures from one point when I took my camera out.  I lost Tyler for a good 3 hours and spent most of that time walking around with my little sister, Danielle.


Picture of all the people on main street (I stole this from facebook)

 Me, aunt Sandy, uncle Joe, and Danielle 

 Sisters...

 Sisters :) 

Me and my dad! Thanks for buying me cheese curds :)  

At the end of the night, we all walked back to my parent's house where my mom and dad made us all pizza.  The next morning, Tyler and I tried to sleep in before getting ready and hitting the road for ANOTHER wedding.  I was a little bummed we had to miss Saturdays festivities - parade, softball tournie, pork and dumplings, etc. - but there will always be next year.  The wedding was in Tracy, MN (2 hrs and 45 minutes away from New Prague).  Stef is a college friend of mine.  I actually met her working at a law firm and she was a roommate of my friend Kate.  Once again, I was horrible at taking pictures and when I did take them, I had my camera on a weird setting so they didn't turn out the best.

College friends with the gorgeous bride

On Sunday morning, Tyler and I woke up early and headed back to NP.  Tyler dropped me off at my parents's house and then left for Kenyon, MN to go bow hunting (for deer) with some dental school friends.  He saw one buck but didn't get a shot and wanted to wait for a bigger one since the season is just beginning.  I ended up going to meet my parents at the softball fields to watch my brother's team play.  Brandon's team - class of 2003 - ended up winning the tournament for the first time ever so I was glad I went! 


Brandon is in the green (back row, third from the left) 

After the game, my parents made a fabulous dinner for Tyler and I and my brother and his girlfriend.  We have another busy week ahead of us but I am looking forward to some less eventful weekends coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment