Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wedding Season and Cramming in Summer

I haven't blogged for well over a month so this is going to be a longer post.  Since I spent all of June and July studying, after my bar exam I tried to cram in all of my summer into the end of July and the month of August!  Quick note on the bar exam...it was long (2 days), mind numbing (sooo much material covered) and hard.  I get my results in October so until then I am trying not to think about it.  

So what did we do?  First we attended one of Aaron's last baseball games (my little sister's boyfriend).  Tyler had fun with his camera.  Below are a few of the action shots he captured.



Yes, Aaron caught this ball :)



View of the field

Aaron at bat

We also headed down to Zumbro River to join my family and family friends for a few days of camping, tubing down the river, bonfires, bean bags, beer, and tons of food :) 

Sisters


Tyler and Chris in the middle of an intense bean bag game

Tyler and I had to head home early Saturday morning for some parties.  Tyler had a bachelor party with an early morning tee time while I headed to St. Paul for a post bar bash party hosted by one of my law school friends.  (sorry no pictures!)  On Sunday we headed to my aunt and uncle's house for an early birthday celebration for my Grandma Rose.

Grandma with her birthday cake

Funny story...my cousin's little boy, Jackson, sat next to my grandma to help her blow out the candles. Before we sang to her, he turned to her and said, "Grandma, I didn't know you were turning 12!"  (He counted the candles :) Smart kid) 


Grandma with her 5 children (around her) and her four son-in-laws (back row)

Grandma with her grandchildren (and a few significant others). Believe it or not, but we are still missing like 10 from this picture!

The following week I was lucky enough to get to go to a Twin's game with my friend, Shorty.  Her family has amazing seats right behind home plate so no need to use zoom for these pictures!

Morneau warming up

The group standing next to the dugout.  It was SO hot out!

View of the dugout 

The first weekend of August, our very good friends, Tyler (Kiedro) and Kim were tying the knot so we spent a long weekend in Wausau, WI to help them celebrate.  Kiedro was a college roommate of Tyler's and Tyler was a groomsman in the wedding.  We spend Thursday night at the groom's parents' house - such great hosts! Friday morning Tyler headed out golfing with the guys and I met up with our friend, Bente, and her mom and went to their lake house.  We got back just in time to get ready and go to the rehearsal and groom's dinner.  

Note: I took sooo many pictures during this weekend.  Tyler put them on his computer and I asked him to email me some to put on the blog.  Notice how I am not in any of the ones he chose!

Matt and Tyler at the groom's dinner

Mr. and Mrs. :) Kim looked AMAZING! Loved her dress.


Judd and Tyler 

The ceremony was beautiful.  Afterwards we jumped on the party bus and drove around and took pictures for a few hours.  The wedding party were troopers, even taking pictures out in the rain!

Judd, Matt and Tyler on the party bus

Showing off his moves!

Tyler with the newlyweds

Yes, we stopped for ice cream! This is were Kiedro and Kim went on for their very first date!

The dance was SO much fun!  It's weddings like this one that make me really appreciate how great our friends are.  The next morning all of our friends (minus bride and groom) met for a big breakfast before saying our goodbyes.  Tyler and I drove back to MN and straight to the MN Zoo.  His mom had tickets so we met her and Tyler's brother, Chris.  After the zoo, we went to Chevy's for a celebratory dinner for me finally being done with the bar exam!

The following week I spent most of my time planning last minute details for our big trip coming up, cleaning and packing!  That Friday my parents hosted a birthday dinner night for my brother's girlfriend, Jennifer.  My mom had bought tons of ingredients for homemade pizzas so we all took our turn being "chef" and tried everyone's creations.  So good!  My very good family/grade school/high school friend, Greta, was married on Saturday.  The wedding ceremony was held in her parents' backyard and the reception was at Hazeltine Golf Course.  I joked that Greta is the bride that planned her wedding since she was 2 years old and it definitely showed.  This was the most gorgeous, moving wedding down to every last detail.

Upper left: Britt, Me, Sara and Amber; Upper right: Mel and I 
Bottom left: Stephie and I; Bottom Right: Rachel, Eric and I 

High school girlfriends with the bride 

Me with the hubby :) 

Gorgeous bride!

That Sunday morning, Tyler and I flew out to San Francisco to start our two week road trip.  We drove up to Seattle and flew home from there.  More details to come in another post! 

We flew home on a Friday night, slept in, and then were off to my cousin, Andy's wedding!  (Yes, we have a lot of weddings! Eight total this wedding season - three more after this one).   I LOVE family weddings and this one had to be one of my favorites.  Andy's new wife, Megan, has been part of our family for years.  We had so much fun with all of my cousins on the dance floor.  The boys were even out there and having "dance offs" that I just so happened to catch on video but I will have to check with Tyler before sharing it on here ;) 

Milo - the cutest little ring boy ever! He did such a good job!

Tyler and my Aunt Sandy (mother of the groom) on the dance floor

My mom and Sandy - Sisters and best friends 

My brother and his gf 

Stacy, mom, and I 

Last dance of the night!  Andy (groom) and his mother. As soon as the dance ended, Andy went straight to his mom and gave her a big hug thanking her. So sweet and so glad he appreciates all the hard work this woman put into this wedding! (She also did TONS for me and my sister's weddings)

Grandma with some of her FAVORITES 

Tyler and I at the end of the night

The next morning, Tyler and I had a tee time (my first ever) with my sister, Stacy, and her husband, Chris.  It took me awhile to get the hang of it but I had so much fun!  I definitely plan to do more golfing in the future and possibly take some much needed lessons from some more experienced friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment