Thursday, April 10, 2014

Doug and Suzanne's Visit

Tyler's dad and his girlfriend made it out to visit us for a long weekend in February.  They arrived late on a Friday night.  The next day we brought them to Wilmington and decided to make our own beer crawl taking them to some of our favorite places.  We made it to Dock Street Oyster Bar and the Copper Penny before heading to Wrightsville beach to get more drinks and dinner at the Oceanic Restaurant.


Sunday we hung out at our house in the morning and spent the afternoon at the beach.  Tyler and Doug played bocce ball while Suzanne and I went on a long walk. 


We taught them the game Skipbo and ended up playing it every night.  Suzanne and I were partners and Tyler and Doug just could not beat us! I think they won one game out of twelve, was it?  Tyler and I prepared a meal for them on Sunday night.


Tyler was off on Monday (I still had to work) but I met them for lunch.  Monday night we ordered pizza and enjoyed each other's company.  Tuesday was the nicest day of their visit but Tyler and I both had to work.  Doug and Suzanne dropped me off at my office and went back into Wilmington to do some shopping and have lunch at another one of our favorites - Elijah's on the Cape Fear River.  After work, we went to soak up some more of the sun at Daddy Mac's on Surf City Beach before dropping them off at the airport.

We had a wonderful weekend!  Can't wait for them to come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment