Friday, June 26, 2015

Megan's Visit

I feel so lucky to have friends that make the trip out to visit my little family.  One of my best friends from high school flew out for the first weekend of May to meet Meredith.  It is so nice to get so much quality time in since we are lucky to see each other for an hour when I'm back in Minnesota.  Meredith and I picked Megan up from the airport Friday morning.  You could tell we missed each other as we jumped from topic to topic at lightening speed trying to catch up on everything.  We took advantage of the nice weather and ate lunch ocean front at Daddy Macs.  I introduced Megan to my favorite burger and she agreed ;)


We spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and Tyler joined us after work.  I must have been feeling really lazy because we ordered pizza from Long Island (our fav) for dinner as well.  On Saturday we woke up, had breakfast and headed to Wilmington for the day.  We had lunch at Elijah's (another favorite of mine) on the river front to celebrate Megan's birthday, stopped at the pink cake stand for cupcakes and then Ironclad Brewery for a drink.  Tyler made us dinner on Saturday night and we rented Unbroken.  We stayed up until almost midnight and that felt so late for us! ha

Sad face because we are missing Megan's husband, Ryan :(





Sunday was our beach day. It was mid 70s and sunny which is the perfect weather in my mind.  I am also starting to get super paranoid about Meredith over heating this summer so I will take as many 'cold' summer days as we can get! We went to the south end of Topsail beach where we started on the Intracoastal side and did a loop around the island to the ocean side.  Tyler wore Meredith for the first time and was in heaven. 

Morning smiles




Ty's first time wearing Mer


"I want a picture with my daughter in her first tide pool."


While we were in Topsail, we grabbed a late lunch at the Beach Shop and Grill.  Yum again. I hope Megan wanted to eat out so much because it was just the perfect weekend for me hitting up so many of our favorites and getting out and about.  Megan and Meredith spent the rest of Sunday bonding before we had to bring Megan back to the airport :(  Loved every minute of this weekend.  Thanks Meg for visiting and being such a great friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment