Wednesday, December 9, 2015

September Minnesota Trip

Tyler had a work training in TX so Meredith and I took advantage of him being gone and flew to Minnesota to spend a week and a half with family and friends. We had a fabulous trip!

Meredith and I flew out on a Wednesday night so Tyler could drive us to the Raleigh airport for a direct flight. On Thursday we had a great lunch with my parents, Stacy and Evelyn and my grandmas. Then Thursday night the rest of my family joined and we celebrated some belated birthday celebrations. Yes, there was pie and cake this day! I always eat so bad when I go home!




Friday we spent the day with my mom and then some of my high school friends stopped over to visit. My parents had some friends over for pizza and a grandparents babysitting party so all of us 'kids' could go downtown for Dozinky Days. It was a fun night out with my siblings and friends. I was able to catch up with so many cousins and high school friends! Two of my college besties also made their way down for the night!





Saturday morning, my parents made a big brunch for all of us. After Meredith's nap we went back downtown for more Dozinky festivities. We missed the parade because Meredith took an extra long - much needed - nap, but caught up with everyone once we were there. Again, so great to see so many of my friends. On our walk home we stopped at my aunt and uncles for some soup and then I put Meredith to bed and hung out with some friends a little longer.



On Sunday Meredith and I met up with the Yahnke family. We went and saw Chris and Michael's new house in St. Paul, went to the Como zoo and then grabbed a late lunch/early dinner. I was so exhausted when we finally got back to my parents' house! Meredith did so great in Minnesota but with the time difference and being on the go, I kept her up way too late most nights which resulted in her waking up more than usual. I was also up so much later than I usually am so most nights I was lucky if I got 4 hours of sleep. Sunday night we joined my parents and went to an open house for my cousin, who was in town from Florida.






On Monday we slept in a little and then spent the day with my sister, Danielle. We were going to go to the arboretum but Meredith took another long nap and we didn't plan well enough for our night plans so we settled on walking to the park instead. Danielle took Meredith down the slide for her first time and she enjoyed the swing. Monday night, my in-laws came to hang out and stayed for dinner.






On Tuesday we went to the Minnesota Zoo with my mom and Danielle. Stacy had taken the day off oshe and Evelyn could join us as well but poor Ev got sick so they had to stay home :( We had so uch fun. Meredith enjoyed watching the monkeys and fish. Basically the animals had to be moving around a lot in order for her to even notice them. 




Tuesday night, my friend, Amber, and her little cutie Delaney came over for a visit and then I enjoyed a nice dinner with my mom and dad. I get so spoiled when I stay at their house! Even as empty nesters, they still have as much food in their house as ever (and anyone that has hung out at their house knows this is a crazy amount). 

Wednesday was a lazy day at home to recover! My mom took off again so we got to spend more time with her and my friend, Melanie, came over to visit with her little babe, Payton. My friend, Sara, and my grandma both stopped by to visit with Meredith as well. Wednesday night, two of my law school friends, Jenny and Kinz, came down to see Meredith and then my mom stayed home with her so we could go out for dinner and drinks at the wine bar in town. I so appreciated how many friends came to me this trip home. We always try to see as many people as possible and I get so run down always being on the go so it was nice that I didn't have to drive to everyone this time! 

Thursday was packed full! We started the morning with brunch at my aunt Sandy's for my cousin's birthday. After, my mom, Stacy, the babies and I went to the Eagan outlet mall and shopped. When we got back to town we had 20 minutes before the house was full of my mom's good friends, their kids, and the kids' babies for wine and appetizers. It was so fun to get this group together because we grew up camping and doing so much with these families.








Friday morning, my friend, Greta, and her baby, Griffin, came over and we visited and went on a walk. After, my parents, Meredith and I had brunch with my grandmas at my grandma Busch's house. It was so sweet of her to host a little brunch for us. Friday night, my parents babysat again and Meredith got to hang out more with her auntie Stacy and cousin Ev while I went to one of my high school friend's wedding. It was such a great night! The wedding was very small and it was the perfect group of friends that I wanted to catch up with and spend more time with. It is amazing that I moved away over two years ago but when I'm with my friends, nothing has changed. 



Saturday morning I went and met the Yahnke side for brunch to spend more time with them. It was fun to see Meredith react to all of them. They just pass her around and take pictures the entire time ;) Then we made a quick trip to our good college friend's house to see their brand new baby girl, Lily! She was so sweet and tiny!



When we got back to my parent's house, I frantically ran around packing and then we loaded up and went to my sister's house. We wanted to have a night to celebrate my parents since I won't be able to be there in October for their 35th wedding anniversary and birthdays. We had a pizza night with a bunch of different sauces and toppings so everyone could make half a pizza and also had a blind pumpkin beer taste test. It was such a fun night! We also snapped some pictures of the cousins in matching shirts with pumpkins (in another post).

Meredith and I spent the night at my sister's house and my parents picked us up in the morning to take us to the airport :( We had a great trip! And we survived Meredith's 3rd and 4th flights!

No comments:

Post a Comment