Wednesday, August 26, 2015

July Goals

Since I am a major planner and list maker, I constantly have lists of things to get done and things that I want to do. Often times I end up rewriting the same things over and over again and never crossing them off. One of the bloggers I follow makes monthly goals for herself and I thought it would be fun to try! So here are the goals I made for July and how it turned out:
 
1) Go to the mountains:

Big check mark next to this one. We took a trip to Blowing Rock over the 4th of July weekend and loved every minute of it. Meredith did great on her first road trip and hotel stay. Now on to planning our next road trip adventure.
 
2 -3) These were work related goals. I met one and sort of met the other ;)
 
4) Take more pictures of Meredith:

And by this I mean on the nice camera. I did better but I am still learning how to use the camera. Now I just need to learn how to edit so I don't have to nag patiently wait for Tyler to get around to it.
 
5) Visit the turtle hospital:

We had plans to go and our neighbor who volunteers there was going to show us around but Meredith took a long nap on the day we planned to meet so it didn't end up working out. We still need to get there.
 
6) July workout challenge:

June and July were so hot and humid so it was miserable to try to run it the heat. Instead, to try to stay in shape and get a quick workout in, I decided to do at a minimum of 80 jumping jacks, 20 push ups, 40 sit ups and 50 squats a day. Although I skipped some days and had to do extra other days to make up for it, I made it through the month and have tried to work this into my daily routine.
 
7) Meal Plan:

I dislike grocery shopping and I HATE being hungry for dinner with no plan and no ingredients. I don't know about you, but I love food and I constantly think about my next meal. If we don't plan out our meals ahead of time, I cook way less (sorry, Tyler), we eat worse and we eat the same go to meals over and over again. Instead, we are working on getting in the habit of planning out our meals for the week and doing our grocery shopping on Sunday so we are good to go. We both love the results. Some weeks are not as planned out as the others but this has definitely been a success.
 
8) Host a BBQ:

I love planning and hosting. However, when we moved to NC, we enjoyed more of the quiet after always being so busy and we had so many house projects that we wanted to get done that we really haven't hosted much at all. So in order to change this, we hosted a BBQ for some of Tyler's coworkers before they moved. It was small, just us and 4 others, but it was a really fun night.
 
9) Get my haircut:

Yes, this was a "goal" because otherwise I go 6+ months between haircuts.
 
10) Plan a date night:

We failed at this. Tyler and I have been on ONE date without Meredith tagging along. It is hard to be away from family and finding/trusting other people to watch our baby. Our neighbor watched Meredith for our first date and we had planned to have her come again in August but after she watched Meredith when I had a work meeting and Meredith screamed the entire time for her (this was during the week she refused to nap), I didn't want to put her through it again! This is an item that I keep moving to my next to-do list. I think it is so important for Tyler and I to have time to focus on our relationship so hopefully we can get better at leaving Meredith and making plans.

I hate making goals and not meeting them! In fact, I almost tried to change some of my goals that I didn't meet at the end of the month. I know, pathetic. Short term goals are just what I need to get me motivated and accomplishing my never ending lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment