Monday, August 17, 2015

Mer's First Visit to Minnesota

We took our first big trip back to visit family and friends in Minnesota and we crammed in as much as we could! We had meet and greet parties with the Busch and Solheid families, celebrated Evelyn's birthday, Danielle's bachelorette party, Meredith's baptism, AND Danielle and Aaron's wedding! Meredith and I flew solo and it went so well! I was so nervous but we lucked out and had two seats to ourselves and survived! 

 
Tyler took the day off work so he could drive us to Raleigh and see us off. Thank goodness he came in with us because the little one screamed while I was waiting in a forever long line to check my bags.

Smiles on the plane
 
My parents picked me up and unfortunately Meredith did not fall asleep until the end of our drive and then of course woke up to a lot of family and being passed around so she was nervous and over tired. I felt bad because my normal happy baby was all tears. Meredith met her uncle Brandon and aunt Jennifer at my parents' house before we all went over to my grandma's house.
 
 
Meeting her great grandma Busch! My grandma was so sweet to host a dinner right when we arrived so family could stop in and meet Meredith.


Friday morning, I had my bridesmaid dress fitting, Danielle's hair trial and then getting ready at Stacy's house for Danielle's bachelorette party the rest of the night. Meredith was along for the ride. Saturday morning, we had a house full with some of Danielle's friends and my friend, Kacie, drove down to meet Meredith.

 
It was nice having Kacie there so she could hold Meredith while I ran around getting ready for Danielle's bachelorette party. I had so much fun at Danielle's party. She is such an amazing person and has the best friends. What a great night! It was also my first night away from Meredith. My mom and dad babysat and my brother gave me a ride back to their house at the end of the night so I could be there to feed Meredith when she woke up.

My two favorite girls! LOVE!

Sunday morning, my grandma stopped over to meet Meredith because she just couldn't wait any longer! Then we quickly got ready and went to Stacy and Chris's house to celebrate Evelyn's 1st birthday!
 

4 generations!
 
Grandpa time :) 

Yay for being able to be home to celebrate this sweet girl turning one! Happy first birthday, Evelyn Rose! I love being this little girl's aunt! She is so sweet and brings so much joy to our entire family!




I think they look alike!





Monday morning we needed to recover from our busy weekend! We had a lazy morning with my mom and then went on a walk and stopped at my dad's work to see some of the remodeling they are getting done and so my dad could show off Meredith ;)
 
 
Lots of reading with grandma! My parents are so wonderful when we come home. We take over their house, make a huge mess, use their car and have people coming in and out. We are so lucky to have them!


 
 
Monday night my aunt Sandy hosted a gathering for my mom's side of the family to meet Meredith. I am so lucky to have such wonderful extended family that want to see us!

Grandma Rose with Meredith Rose
 
Tuesday we met up with a couple of my friends and their babes and then met up with the Yahnke family to celebrate Chris's birthday.
 

Meredith will get to go to school with some of my closest friends' littles! So much fun!

Meredith finally got to meet her Yahnke uncles!


Wednesday morning we went on a run and then relaxed around the house. My brother and his fiancĂ© came over after work to get more time in with Meredith.


Facetiming daddy! 8 days away from him is a long time!



On Thursday we headed to auntie Danielle's PT Peds class at the U of M to get assessed and then had lunch with my mom, sisters and Evelyn at Sally's.
 

It is not easy getting pictures of these two together! We had a lot of attempts but no great pictures.


 
Friday, my mom, Mer and I ran some errands and prepped for Meredith's baptism party. Friday night, my friend, McKinzie and my mom and dad's friends, Jodi and Jeff stopped over to meet Meredith.
 
Saturday morning we met up with some of my law school friends for brunch in Minneapolis before picking up Tyler at the airport.

Reunited!

 We stopped by Tyler's dad's work and Meredith met her great grandparents on the Yahnke side and Tyler's aunt, Denise. Then Tyler had a bachelor party for his friend, Matt and I was able to meet up with two of the wives, Kim and Monica, to catch up for awhile. Meredith and I went back to my parents that night and Kacie met us to hang out. On Sunday we had Meredith's baptism and party.
 
Monday and Tuesday we relaxed around the house and helped out with wedding stuff.
 
 Meeting my cousin, Casey.
 
Tuesday afternoon we went out to the lake to spend a few days with the Yahnke family.

Meredith went on her first boat ride! She loved it on the way to the restaurant but was not feeling it on the boat ride home.
























After brunch on Thursday, it was back to New Prague to get ready for the wedding! Danielle and Aaron's wedding was so beautiful and fun!
 
Sadly, Sunday morning we had to pack up quick and get ready to go to the airport. My parents hosted a brunch and gift opening for Danielle and Aaron with family so we were able to see everyone again quick and say our goodbyes.


Look at the gut hanging out!


Wearing her New Prague Fire Department onesie (that her auntie Jen made her) with her favorite firemen!
 
We had another great flight home! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment