Monday, June 12, 2017

January in Minnesota

 2017 is our crazy year of transitions and we kicked it off with Meredith and I spending most of January in Minnesota.  I had to be in MN for the first weekend for a bachelorette party and Tyler needed to be in MN towards the end of the month for some work interviews.  We wanted to be there at the same time so we could get together with both of our families for belated Christmas celebrations so the solution we came up with was for Meredith and I to just take a super long trip home.  The beginning and end of January were filled with doctor appointments and work meetings trying to get everything wrapped up before baby girl #2 joined our family!

Meredith is a pro at flying at this point.  She had her own seat since I didn't want to deal with a lap child and a baby bump and she did really great.  I kept her busy with rotating through toys and snacks.  I downloaded some movies to try on the ipad but she only made it through maybe a minute of three different movies.  We don't really do any screen time besides facetiming family so she isn't used to sitting still to watch movies yet.




We flew in on January 5th.  My brother and his wife, welcomed their twin boys, Ambrose and Patrick, on the 4th so I was so anxious to meet them.  Also, the 5th happened to be my sister's due date so after my parents picked us up, we swung by her house to grab some stuff for Evelyn for a few nights and I made her take a picture with me.


Stacy at 40 weeks exactly and me at 27 weeks. So fun to get this bump picture in quick because Colby was born later this night!


Sweet cousins that have SO much love for each other.  Also, Meredith is 10 months younger and has officially passed Ev up in height.


The next morning we got to go meet sweet little Colby!







Evelyn and her little brother <3


 Then Meredith was left with Grandpa and Grandma and I was off to my one of my best friend's bachelorette party!


It worked out great that I could pick up Alicia from the airport so we could run a few errands and get extra time together to catch up.  Then we went to Kacie's to finish getting ready and off to the party.


With the bride to be




While I was at the bachelorette party, Meredith was visiting Grandma Rose.  The next morning, the wedding party grabbed brunch and then I was off to run and see Meredith quick before her nap so I could leave her again to go and meet my other sweet nephews!  They were in the NICU for a little over 2 weeks and visitors were limited each day so Danielle and I got to go up and see them on Saturday afternoon/evening. 


We were able to hold Patrick but Ambrose was under the lights so we had to wait until next time.



Ambrose

Meanwhile, Grandma was keeping Meredith busy!

On our drive home we stopped by my sister's house to join them for dinner and get more Colby snuggles in.  The next morning, Meredith and I joined my mom and Danielle for church so we could hear my dad sing in the choir.  Meredith was SO loud!  And it is so much more embarrassing when more people know who you are.  Church has been a struggle with her.  She doesn't understand that she needs to talk quietly (or not at all) so instead she is pointing at the priest and saying "what is that man doing?" and narrating everything that she was doing.  Sunday night, my grandma Busch had us over for dinner. 

The next week I came down with a horrible cold :(  I was so bummed out because I had plans with friends and I wanted to see all my new nephews but I couldn't risk getting any of the babies/kids sick.  So my week pretty much consisted of me doing a little work from home and laying on my parents' couch.  Wednesday night my aunt (on my dad's side) hosted an open house for my cousin who was in town from CO so it was fun to go for a quick visit and see a lot of extended family.  Thursday night, we went and met the Yahnke family for dinner.



Friday night I met my law school friends for dinner.  No pictures but I always love catching up with them.  Then on Saturday morning (I was finally starting to feel a little bit better), my sweet aunt (on my mom's side) hosted a girls' brunch for us so we could see my aunts and cousins.

We are missing a bunch but I love these Solheid ladies <3



Later that night my MIL and brother-in-law, Chris came down to have dinner and hang out with Meredith and me.  Sunday morning, my friend Amber, hosted a brunch for our friends + babies (this has become a thing when I come home) so I could see everyone and so everyone could meet Megan's twins!



On Monday, Stacy brought the kids to town so we could take them to visit both of our grandmas.  They can't get enough of all their great-grandkids.


Tyler flew in this week and was busy with work related meetings/interviews all week.  Meredith and I spent a lot of time out at Stacy's house with the kids and my mom and Danielle were both able to join on their days off.


Meredith also got her first real snow experience.  My mom and I took her sledding down the driveway and then she had some hot chocolate.  She told me she prefers the ocean. ;)



We celebrated our Busch family Christmas which consisted of us passing around three babies the entire time and a delicious meal.

Tyler holding Patrick


My first time holding Ambrose

All three babies together






Grandma and Grandpa gave the girls these sweatshirts and sweatpants and Meredith still (6 months later in 80 degrees) wants to wear her pink sweatshirt every single day.



Then we needed to get some pictures of all the cousins together.  Brandon and Jen let Meredith practice for her upcoming big sister role by holding the twins.
 


e


Brandon was burping one of the twins so Meredith sat down and started burping her baby and then Evelyn quickly followed, because these two are monkey see, monkey do.

We finished the trip out with another fun family night with the Yahnkes.




No comments:

Post a Comment